Is Home Health Care the Right Choice for You or a Loved One?
Aug. 23, 2023
By: Kaylee Yamry
Find out if home health care can meet your needs
In the wake of an injury, illness, or health setback, many individuals would prefer to recover from the comfort of home and would also choose home as their top place to be as they age. When choosing the right care for you or a loved one, a big question might be, can home health care provide the care we need?
Continue reading to discover the common indicators for home health care, and how to know if home health care might be a good fit. When you’ve finished reading, don’t forget to take our free online assessment to determine if home health care is the right choice for you or a loved one.
Common home health care indicators
Each individual health situation is unique, but there are several common indicators that can lead to home health care. These might include:
- New or worsening health condition
- Medication changes or struggling to manage existing medications
- Frequent falls or hospitalizations
- Recovering from an injury, illness, accident, or surgery
- Decline in ability to perform activities of daily living
- Cluttered or unsafe home environment
- And more
Common diagnosis home health care can help
Developing a new or worsening chronic illness can come with struggles and uncertainties. Remaining comfortable at home can be a possibility. Ethos Home Health Care can help individuals manage chronic illnesses such as:
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- And more
In-home therapy options
When recovering from an injury, illness, accident, or surgery, traveling to an outpatient therapy clinic can be challenging. Ethos Home Health Care provides therapy options to homebound individuals that allows them to recover from the comfort of home. In-home therapy options include:
- Physical Therapy – Improves mobility, range of motion, and strength.
- Occupational Therapy – Helps develop skills and strategies to safely perform activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy – Helps address and correct difficulties in speech and swallowing.
Is home health care the right choice?
Ethos Home Health Care can provide a variety of services to enhance an individual’s quality of living. Services might include:
- Skilled nursing
- In-home therapy
- Home health aide support
- Chronic illness management
- Medication management
- And more
If you think that you or a loved one could benefit from any of these, take our free online assessment to learn in minutes if home health care is the right choice.